Sunday 17 August 2014

28) Double O

‘Which one was the best?’ I say.

I can see Daniel’s mind tinkering despite the fact he’s fumbling for something under his bed. Roy jumps on the bed with his shoes on.

‘Daniel Craig, easy,’ Roy says.

Daniel’s mum yells upstairs to tell him to stop jumping on the bed. He grabs a torch from under his bed, switches it on and off and then places it on his bed.

‘Really? Have you seen any of the classic Bond films?’ I say.

‘Sure, I’ve seen Die Another Day. And Brosnan doesn’t know his glock from his co-’

‘What about you Daniel?’ I say.

‘George Lazenby,’ he says, searching through his draws for something.

‘He barely counts as a Bond,’ Roy says, jumping on the bed again. Daniel’s mum yells for him to stop.

‘He’s obscure,’ Daniel says.

‘Okay, okay. If you were going to be a Double O, what would your number be?’ I say.

‘Easy,’ Roy says, splaying his legs out on the bed before me, ‘Double O sixty-nine.’

‘Really?’

I frown at him. He retaliates by licking his lips.

‘Jesus. What about you Daniel?’

Daniel is more interested in grabbing a plastic box on top of his wardrobe. I don’t know why he wants it as all that’s in there is a tent and a fold away chair. I ask him again and this time he looks down at me after successfully pulling the box down after him.

‘Dobule O zero.’

‘Lame,’ Roy says, but I wave my hand at him.

‘It’s like George. A bit obscure, a bit hidden,’ he says.


He lifts up a black bag off the floor. It is filled with things he’s been packing during the entire conversation. I only notice this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment