Sunday 17 August 2014

34) Little Green Wounded Warrior

I leave my dying thoughts to the wind. I hope it carries them far enough so my wife may hear them in our home by the lake. Goodnight forever my darling, and goodnight to our sweet little daughter. May the lands stay fruitful despite my absence.

To the warriors, present and past, who still wield the shields of green. Do not give up hope through my demise. Let my spirit dwell in the trees and the animals of this glade. May they allow me to guide them to safety from the tanks with rolling pins for wheels, and may they allow me to know their secrets so I may pass them onto you.

To the leaders who fight on the lines back home, in the offices and in the courts. May your wit remain as the rich lawyers try to con you with promises off preservation. Remember always that they are the liars who led us into this three way war, between them, us and the Earth.

And finally to the enemy in your fine suits and tall skyscrapers. Come down to the ground level. See how the poor and in these blood stained countries suffer. See how they work tirelessly for a wage that you wouldn’t get out of bed for. See how we have tried to reason with you for just a scrape of humanity, and see where it has got us. We are coming for you with the same saws you used to cut down our homes and the same guns you used to mow us down.


You call us eco-terrorists. You’re wrong. We are the Green Warriors. And while my wounds may not ever heal, there is still time to save Earth. I hope for a world for my daughter to live in, and so I pray that your demise comes before the planet's.

No comments:

Post a Comment